- Robert Hiscocks
- Neeta Shah
- Nicole Helms
- We aim to provide a varied and comprehensive range of courses at A level to enable students to access the material and courses beyond, including pathways to University and into Apprenticeship courses.
- Students are encouraged to broaden their understanding and appreciation of the Sciences through various activities within the school and community. Students often have the change to meet experts in the Science fields and enter competitions with other schools that can develop their skills.
- We embed the foundations of science knowledge to enable students to access higher education through the use of practical activities at all Key Stages.
- As a specialist STEM school we aim to offer students an exciting and varied curriculum. This includes a variety of courses at GCSE and Level 3 (A level and BTEC)
- Run a range of enrichment activities for the benefit of our students, local school and the wider community
- Pioneer best practice with a view to rolling this out to other secondary schools in Lewisham
- Actively and enthusiastically promote STEM subjects and careers with our students
We are a large faculty of passionate Science teachers with a range of experience and we are experts in different fields. We work together to provide opportunities of students to learn about Science and the world around us, and to enable students to access the material to develop an enthusiasm for the subjects. Sydenham Science faculty understand that the learning and skills developed during KS3 underpins the achievements for GCSE and A levels, and therefore focus on delivering a robust scheme of work that assesses both understanding and skill level over a range of topics.
We have ten state of the art laboratories including two dedicated sixth form laboratories.