- To introduce pupils to a stimulating range of novels, poetry, plays, non-fiction and discussion topics. To encourage pupils to enjoy reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- To encourage pupils to think about the writers and producers of texts and the contexts in which texts are produced.
- All pupils study English Language and English Literature to GCSE.
- Pupils may opt to study GCSE Media Studies.
- We currently offer Media and English Literature at A-Level.
The English Faculty is a very committed and enthusiastic team who work together to develop a Curriculum which we hope will stimulate and support your daughter in developing her creative and analytical skills in English. We love our subject and hope to inspire your daughter to love it too! .